Friday, February 14, 2014

forward or backward??

Getting up early in the morning and enjoying a cup of coffee with the latest news has been a ritual for me for many years. I must admit that recently my coffee has not been quite so enjoyable as the headlines chosen by the new networks lately seem to hinge on sensationalism. The bigger the controversy the more air time it gets and I am really sick of news of ones sexual preference being more important than national security, budgets, weather or humanitarian crisis such as homelessness in America. 
 According to the news media, America is becoming a land of fear, mistrust, immoral behavior; States are slowly losing right to govern themselves and the will of the people is being ignored by a liberal justice system and supreme court who caters to a minority. Never in all my years have I witnessed such promotion of fear and the need for the citizens to believe in the need to arm themselves. One must assume that every person they pass on the street may be carrying a gun and if intimidated in any way could pull the trigger. We seem to headed down a backward path when the fastest gun was the only way of survival.
 I would much rather be posting pleasant memories and thoughts of a bright future for those I leave behind but sometimes one just has to vent frustrations and pray that our maker will find a way to bring more peace to the crazy world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment