Friday, April 23, 2010

Mother's Day



"MOTHER"
What a beautiful word to give title to the one who suffers a life time for her children. I have been blessed by enjoying the love given by my Mother and the Mother of my children. God, called my loved ones home much too early and as years pass, the empty feeling in my heart never goes away. On this upcoming day of remembrance I hope everyone takes the time to wrap arms around their living Mothers and praise them for all the years of giving.
One day in 1963 I was reminded just how special my Mother was when she was chosen as "Queen for a Day" on a television show. She was chosen for the story she told of the love of my older brother who had lost a leg in a hit and run auto accident while in the Navy. This accident ended his quest for a naval career. She lost a battle with liver disease at age of 65.
The Mother of my children passed away at age 37, no one could really fill those shoes . My children and I still wonder how we made it though so many years without her.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story my friend. I love it :) She certainly was pretty :)

    ReplyDelete