Thursday, June 11, 2009

Silent Thoughts

I think everyone should have roll models in their life and these are three of mine, My dad and my two brothers. Some times when we look at our family tree we don't realize how strong the roots are until some of the branches wither and die. Although my father only acquired an eighth grade education, he never forgot the value of faith, hard work and family devotion.

As I look back over the years and wonder just what legacy has been left to me, I can only see the devotion of love of family, country, honesty and faith. I didn't need wealth of monetary value handed down to realize my wealth in love.


When my maker calls me home I wonder if the roots of this old family tree will flourish or if it is time to uproot the stump. This old barn reminds me of my life, it has stood firmly over years and sheltered its contents, and holds so many memories of good times and bad.

1 comment:

  1. Hey dad, there's a blog award and a tag for you over on my blog. If you need to know what to do with them, give me a shout.

    I'm gonna turn you into a blogger if it kills us! :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete